Monday, June 2, 2014

The A's

The A's


A decent band from Philly is The A's. Never heard of these guys until now. There are some decent songs and catchy hooks in The A's. The singer Richard Bush just misses the mark vocally for me. He is pure energy on the stage and a decent frontman. He gives off a Richard Hazzard/Elvis Costello/Eddie Money/Bruce Springsteen presence but slowly wears on ya after a while. The hot spot for this band, Rick DiFonzo's brilliant and vibrant guitar work. The guy is truly amazing. 


From Left to Right: Rick DiFonzo (guitar), Mickey Snyder (drums), 
Terry Bortman (bass), Rocco Notte (keyboard), Richard Bush (vocals)

They are another band that the studio can capture and if you want to see them shine you should view the



Their proclaimed single, 'A Woman's Got Power', 
I thought it was junk compared songs like 'After Last Night'. 


WOULD I HAVE LISTENED TO THIS IF I KNEW ABOUT IT? 

My verdict is a YES. Now they probably would have found their way towards the bottom of the stack, but I would have played them on a rare occasion for a bit of  obscure music.3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment