Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Outcasts

The Outcasts

From the depths or Ireland comes a band called The Outcast. 

From Left to Right Greg Cowan (vocals/bass), Raymond Falls (drums),  
Colin Getwood (guitar), Martin Cowan (guitar)

Their earlier music is more punk and raw, and as time went on, there is a definite improvement in musicianship but to me the lost that raw guitar edge. For me their best work would be "Frustration", but still fall short of music of that era. 

FRUSTRATION

There is a slight promise of raw energetic post punk angst that just doesn't hit it's mark. I do love the raw guitars on "Just Another Teenage Rebel", but vocally does nothing to enhance the song.


JUST ANOTHER TEENAGE REBEL

Would I have listened to this if I knew about it? 

What reminds me overall of The Ramones, meets Generation X, meets The Dead Kennedys without the polish of ANY of those bands, my verdict is No. 
2 out of 5 for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment